Thursday 20 August 2015

Embellishment & card swaps with Stephanie Ackerman Sizzix dies

Hello Friends,

Oh what a week and it's only Thursday!  I won't bore you with the details, but believe me, its been a stressful one for me, for sure!

Thank goodness I'm able to craft, otherwise I'd probably be in the "funny farm".

A couple of weeks ago I signed up to a UK craft swapping group and agreed to make a couple of swaps.  I thought it would be fun, something different and would give me inspiring ideas of things to make.

The two swaps I signed up for were easy ones.  I decided to start gently, tread the water as it were, before I signed myself up for making anything too difficult or new to me.

Here is a picture of my swaps....





The first two pictures show my embellishment swap.  The remit was to make 3 embellishments for the front of cards.  I looked through my stash and found two of my favourite Sizzix dies, both by Stephanie Ackerman.  One of the dies is called "Flowers w/Stems, Leaves & Heart" and the other, which is much more recent has a number "659960 Flower #4".

I used my new WRMK Fuse tool to make the little shaker pockets for the middle of two of the flower embellishments, along with my old trusty Nestabilities to cut away the centres.  The papers and card stock are all from my SU stash!

The third picture shows my general card swap.  I understand that sometimes ladies swapping put a little crafty surprise in with the swap, so I decided to make one of these zipper type cards.  Behind the zipper is another die cut flower, just like the one on the front, so that the lady who receives my swap will be able to make a card using it.

I always feel better when I'm crafting and there are some gorgeous crafty people out there who do lift my spirits.  Stephanie Ackerman is one of those special ladies and just thinking of her and using her dies has made me feel so very much better.  She has given me a little boost which will help me to forget the bad things of this week and carry on with the good things I must do.

Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by.

Carole x




1 comment:

  1. What a super swap idea to make card toppers. Yours are lovely made as shakers. Like yor idea too on your card of adding an extra flower for your swpee to use herself. Hope the rest of your week is trouble free. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete